Singapore Institute of Management University Partners
The University of Manchester – Overview
With a distinguished history of academic achievement and an ambitious agenda for the future, The University of Manchester offers you a superb learning experience, rooted in a rich heritage and boosted by cutting-edge research and innovation.
Part of the prestigious Russell Group of universities, Manchester has much to offer you. The University is highly respected among academic and business communities – a reputation that its graduates also enjoy.
Our tradition of success in learning and research stretches back over 180 years, encompassing the birth of the modern computer, splitting of the atom and the founding principles of modern economics. Many more world- changing innovations have their roots here, at The University of Manchester. Rated 5th in the UK in terms of ‘research power’ in the 2014 Research Excellence Framework, we enjoy a global reputation for our pioneering research, which enhances our problem-based approach to undergraduate learning.
- Alliance Manchester Business School is accredited by all three major bodies i.e. Triple Crown Accreditation – The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International), Association of MBAs (AMBA) and European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS)
- The University of Manchester has 25 Nobel Prize winners amongst its current and former staff and students
- The University is ranked 6th in the UK and 34th in the world by Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities 2018
Largest global alumni community of any campus-based university in the UK, with 380,000 graduates in more than 190 countries
- Alliance Manchester Business School is one of the country’s major schools for business and management research, ranked 2nd in the UK in terms of ‘research power’ according to the 2014 Research Excellence Framework.
- Alliance Manchester Business School is ranked 4th in the UK, 10th in Europe and 36th in the world by Financial Times Global MBA Ranking 2018
- The University is ranked as the number one most targeted university by the UK’s leading graduate employers in 2017-2018 (The Graduate Market in 2018, High Fliers Research)