Singapore Institute of Management University Partners
University of Stirling – Overview
The University of Stirling has been crowned the UK’s Sports University of the Year in recognition of its world-class facilities and excellence across sports performance, research and education. Find out more here
Founded by Royal Charter in 1967, the University of Stirling was the first genuinely new university in Scotland for over 400 years.
The results of the University’s performance in the 2014 Research Excellence Framework (REF) positioned Stirling as one of the top research-led universities in the UK with almost three quarters of research activity rated either world-leading or internationally excellent. Stirling is ranked 6th in Scotland and 45th in the UK, with our Management School ranked in the UK top 25 for Business and Management.
In learning and teaching, the University is committed to delivering high quality programmes that produce intellectually able graduates who are highly sought after by employers. We are ambitious for our students, and our flexible learning opportunities enable them to explore and discover new subjects and interests.
The University of Stirling regularly performs well in the various newspaper surveys of higher education. Here are some of the accolades:
- Marketing – Top 3 in Scotland, Top 6 in the UK (The Complete University Guide 2022)
- A 5-star ranking for teaching, employability, internationalisation, facilities and inclusiveness in the QS World University Rankings 2020
- Sports University of the Year (The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2020)
- Sports Science – Top 5 in Scotland, Top 20 in the UK (The Complete University Guide 2020)
- Home to the Institute for Retail Studies, an acknowledged centre of excellence for retailing
- Stirling is Scotland’s University for Sporting Excellence, and ranked top 20 in the UK for Sports Science (The Complete University Guide 2020)